When you have friends/family who spent the night because everyone was having a blast, they had 1 too many bottles of wine and they are all starving and want breakfast that is yummy, delicious, and easy to eat then whip up these Egg Muffins!
After a long night of partying and drinking I definitely wake up starving the next morning. I like to make these muffins because they can be made all at once, everyone enjoy, and continue the party.
Egg Muffin (serves 8)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 Capsicum, diced
- 5-6 Mushroom, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tomatoes
- 1 Purple Onion, diced
- 4-6 Strips of streaky bacon, cooked, and chopped
- 6-8 eggs
- 1/2 Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 tbs Oregano
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tsp Black pepper
- Preheat oven 350F/180C
- Prepare muffin tray by greasing the tray
- Heat coconut oil in frying pan and sauté purple onions
- Add capsicum, mushrooms, and cook until they are soft.
- Lightly salt the veggies.
- While veggies are cooking, in a separate bowl whisk eggs with 1 tbs of water, and spices
- After veggies are soft add spinach until they are wilted, and turn off heat.
- Add cooked, chopped bacon and mix well
- Scoop about 1-2 tbs of mixture to each muffin cup
- Pour egg mixture until about 3/4 full
- Top with tomatoes and cheese
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Let cool for 5 mins
- Enjoy with some mimosas!
*** If there are any leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days