When you are craving some spicy fish and are feeling bold then you definitely need this masala in your life. When I say “masala” I mean “The ‘secret’ Gujarati chili paste that all the moms know how to prepare”
When I make fish curry or pan seared fish to have with roti or rice I always use this masala to spice up my dish. This paste adds earthy flavor packed with heat!
- 1/2 cup Garlic
- 1/2 cup Green peppers (I like to use serrano peppers)
- 2 tbs Turmeric
- 2 tbs Red Chill Powder
- 2 tbs Coriander Power
- 2 tbs Cumin
- 1 tbs Black Pepper
- 1 tbs Salt
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- Peel garlic and leave whole
- Chop peppers into large chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend into a paste.
- Makes about 1 cup of Fish Masala
- You usually only use 1-2 tbs in your dishes and lasts for 6 months in the fridge or 1 year in the freezer.