When you are looking up curry recipes and you want to make them but they always require ginger, garlic, and chilis, then make this Green Masala and store it for use as needed.
I mainly use this masala for my meats curries and vegetarian curries but sometimes I add 1 tsp to 1 egg and make spicy scrambled eggs!
- 1/3 cup Garlic
- 1/3 cup ginger
- 1/2 cup green peppers (I like to use serrano peppers)
- 2 tbs turmeric
- 1 tbs black pepper
- 1 tbs salt
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Peel ginger and chop into large chunks
- Peel garlic and leave whole
- Chop peppers into large chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend into a paste.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cup of Masala
- You usually only use 1-2 tbs in your dishes and lasts for 6 months in the fridge or 1 year in the freezer.