When you need to make food for the week, you are craving something spicy, then why not try this Spicy Chicken Chili.
I have been making this recipe ever since I was in college (back in 2007). This recipe got me through many weeks long weeks where studying was priority and eating was secondary. Even though studying took priority, the food I ate still had to taste scrumptious and mouth watering and that is exactly what this chili accomplishes. I would make this for the girls I lived with and it was delicious every time!
Spicy chicken chili (serves 4)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green capsicum, cut into thin 1 inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 habenero chili, chopped
- 1 tbs cayenne powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 2-3 tbs yellow American Mustard
- 1 lbs ground chicken
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped (I used Mexican Style)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- Heat 1 tbs coconut oil in a deep pot
- Add onions, garlic, habanero, and saute until onions have become translucent
- Add capsicum and zucchini; cook until zucchini has become soft
- Move veggies to the side of the pan and add minced chicken.
- Slowly cook and crumble the meat; mix well the vegetables
- Once the meat has begun to crumble, but is still pink add the spices: cayenne, paprika, mustard powder, whole cumin, salt, pepper and yellow mustard
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes
- Add canned tomatoes, rinse can with 1/2 cup of water and pour the water into the meat mixture
- Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring every so often to prevent chili from sticking to the bottom of the pan
- After 40 minutes add the chili bean and simmer for another 20 minutes
- Remove from heat, serve with cheese, spring onion, and corn chips!
One Comment Add yours