When there is plenty of fish in the sea, so you catch it and make Herb Crusted White Fish.
This light and delightful crumbed fish recipe is sure to make you feel at one with the sea. The mixture of the herbs and spices makes this fish anything but washed out. Serve this up with some fries and you have yourself a fish and chips night.
Herb Crusted White Fish (pan seared)
- 3 White fish fillet
- 1 cup Garlic & Italian herb crusting crumbs
- 1 tbs old bay seasoning
- 1/2 tbs cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, scrambled with 1 tbs water
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- For the fish: Wash, pat dry, cut into 3 inch pieces, lightly season with salt and pepper
- Put egg wash, flour, and herb crusting crumbs in 3 separate mixing bowls
- Add the old bay seasoning
- First dip the fish in the all-purpose flour; dusting off excess
- Next, dip fish into egg wash mixtures; dripping off excess
- Then, dip fish into the crusting crumbs; coating evenly over fish
- Heat 2-3 tbs coconut in a frying pan and cook crumbs have browned
- Season with lemon juice and serve!