When you made some pumpkin curry and you need some yogurt to go with it, then why not make this Fijian Style Raita (cucumber yogurt).
I like having Raita with most vegetarian style dishes. It completes the dish, helps to cut out some of the spice, and helps cool you down. I can like the bowl clean with this side!
Fijian Style Raita (cucumber yogurt)
- 1 small cucumber, shredded, water squeezed
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1-2 garlic, minced
- 3 tbs sour cream
- 4 tbs plain yogurt
- 1-2 tsp cumin powder
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mix cucumber, carrot, onion, chili, and garlic in a deep mixing bowl
- Add yogurt, sour cream, salt, and cumin powder and mix well
- Taste for salt, sweetness, and spiciness and adjust accordingly
- Store in fridge until ready to serve!