When you are craving something savory in the morning and want to impress your guest with your “impressive” baking skills, then why not try these easy Breakfast Popovers.
I like to whip these Breakfast popovers for our weekend family breakfast. They are really easy and simple to make and divine to eat! They make a great substitution for bread and taste amazing with butter and jam!
- 2 eggs, warmed
- 3/4 cup whole milk, warmed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbs melted butter
- Preheat oven 450F/200C and position rack on lower shelf
- Put egg in a bowl with hot water for about 10 minutes and microwave milk for about 30 seconds
- Grease muffin trays with butter or cooking spray
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and salt until with mixture become pale yellow and frothy
- Add flour and whisk until there are no lumps in the batter
- Add melted butter and whisk
- Pour mixture in a measuring cup and fill muffin cups with batter until they are 2/3 to 3/4 full
- Bake popovers for 16-18 minutes without opening oven, decrease the temperature to 350F/180C and cook for 5 more minutes
- Remove from oven, release them from the pan and serve immediately with your favorite breakfast.
** These popovers also taste amazing with butter and jam!
** You can also add chopped chives and cheese to the batter for more flavor as well