When you’ve got the winter chills, you want something that makes you feel warm inside, and you love Mexican food, then why not make this Mexican Style Chicken Soup.
When you have soup this good, you can eat it all week; thats exactly what I did. I made this soup for my work week meal prep. This soup has lots of veggies and makes you feel warm and good after you have some.
Mexican Style Chicken Soup
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6-8 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, 1 inch slices
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, halved & chopped
- 2 chicken breast
- 1-2 chipotle peppers, diced
- 1 pkt Taco seasoning
- 1 can Mexican style tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup corn kernals
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a deep pot
- Cook onions until soft and garlic
- Add mushrooms, carrot, and red peppers until mushrooms have shrunken
- Add chipotle peppers, taco seasoning, and mix well
- Add can of Mexican style tomatoes, saute for 1-2 minutes
- Add chicken stock, water, black beans, corn, and bring to a boil
- Lower heat and add chicken breast to soup.
- Let breasts poach in soup for 15-20 minutes
- With a fork or tongs remove breast from soup and dice with a knife
- Put chicken cubes back into the soup with chopped parsley
- Add salt and pepper and adjust according to taste
- Enjoy with sour cream and corn chips!