When its taco Tuesday and are feeling like putting a twist because you’ve learned some new knife tricks, then why not take those skills and make Chicken Taco Bowl.
With this recipe I put my own twist to taco Tuesday and created a color palate for food. I wanted to use as many colors as I could, combined with different textures was an pleasant explosion in my mouth! This dish was fun to eat and kept my body feeling.
Chicken Taco Bowl
- 1 1/2 chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, julienned
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 red capsicum, julienned
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, julienned
- 1/2 orange capsicum, julienned
- 1/2 purple onion, sliced
- 2 spring onion, only green part, chopped
- 6-8 leaves butter lettuce, lightly chopped
- 4 tortilla
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- olive oil
- Preheat oven 400F/180C
- Season chicken with salt pepper, olive oil and set aside
- Make the teriyaki sauce by combining in a small pot: soy, mirin, sugar, garlic, and ginger
- Bring to a boil and heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool in the refrigerator
- Make a slit towards the center of a tortilla
- Make foil cones and wrap tortilla around the cone, secure with toothpick
- Brush with olive oil and toast for 5 minutes and let cool (so they harden)
- Heat coconut oil on a non-stick pan and add salmon
- Cook chicken for about 5-7 minutes and drizzle teriyaki sauce glazing chicken, turn of heat and let rest
- Fill coned tortilla with lettuce, purple onion, julienned veggies, and chicken.
- Serve with sriracha mayo, left over teriyaki sauce, and enjoy!