When you are feeling fatigued, you have not slept all night, and you would like just an overall immune boost, then why not try to make this iron rich, Palak Paneer (spinach and cheese curry).
This dish is definitely on my top 10 recipes to make because it does not require much chopping and tastes amazing. Palak (spinach) has always been a friend of mine because our family has a history of iron deficiency anemia, so I like to add spinach to my meals when I can. Spinach is widely known for its health benefits and I simply enjoy the flavor it adds.
- 500g Paneer cubed
- 1 1/2 bags of baby spinach
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped in chunch
- 2-3 chilis, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbs coriander/cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2-3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tbs cream
- 1 tbs kasuri methi
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Blanch spinach by boiling some water and pouring over spinach, cooking for 3-4 minutes
- Drain spinach and transfer to an ice bath for 2-3 minutes to stop the cooking process; drain
- In a blender puree tomato, ginger, garlic, chili (save half), and blanched spinach’ set aside
- In a deep pot heat coconut oil, sauté onion and some chilis
- Once onions are clear and soft pour spinach mixture into pan and cook for 5-7 minutes;
- Just as the color changes from a bright green to a darker green add spices: coriander/cumin, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala, salt and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add paneer cubes and cream and cook for another 5-7 minutes
- Remove from heat and add Kasuri Methi, lemon juice, and adjust salt to taste
- Enjoy with a paratha and some picked mango!
2 Comments Add yours
Looks so tempting !!
hahaha so delicious too!
LikeLiked by 1 person