When it’s Italian night because you just received your monthly wine subscription delivery, then why not make some Chicken Marsala to pair with the new wines.
I have been making this chicken Marsala for years! It is really easy to make and delicious to eat. My only advice is to taste the Marsala wine before using it in your dish. Previously when I made this dish, the Marsala I has was extremely sweet, which made the entire dish too sweet, which made it unbearable to eat! Since then, rule of thumb; Always taste your food!
- 2-3 small chicken breast, split, pounded
- 9 brown mushrooms, sliced
- 9 white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 spring thyme
- 1 cup marsala wine (I used a combination of 2)
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup white flou
- 1-2 tbs butter
- 3-4 tbs cream
- 1 green onion stalk, sliced
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- In a wide mixing bowl mix flour, cayenne, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic salt
- Dredge the chicken and set aside
- Heat coconut oil in a wide frying pan and brown dredged chicken breast on both sides and set aside.
- Heat butter in same pan scraping the pan
- Add shallot par of green onion, fry until fragrant
- Add minced garlic, fry until fragrant
- Add mushroom and mix well
- Then add 1-2 tbs flour to the pan coating the mushrooms
- Pour marsala wine and simmer until thick for about 20 minutes
- Add thyme spring and pour cream into the pan; mix well
- At this point put the chicken breast back into the pan and mix well
- Serve with steamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and enjoy!