When you want all of the shrimp, but don’t want to be “shellfish”, so you make a pot of spicy Shrimp Curry.
This quick and easy recipe is is surely to please a crowd. Shrimp is naturally very flavorful and combined with with tomatoes, spices, and onions makes the perfect dish. I like to enjoy this shrimp curry with a side of rice and papadum.
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek (methi)
- 1 tbs chickpea/gram flour (chana flour)
- 15-20 curry leaves
- 1/2 can tomato puree
- 1-2 tbs fish masala
- 1-2 cups water
- 15-20 jumbo prawns
- cilantro for garnish
- Heat coconut oil in a deep pan
- Once oil is hot sizzle the fenugreek seeds
- After fenugreek seeds are fragrant add chana flour and mix well, cook flour for 2-3 minutes (until golden)
- Pour tomato puree, add curry leaves, and fish masala; mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Slowly pour water into the pot, stirring as you pour; add water according to the thickness of the soup you prefer and bring to a boil
- Mix in prawns and cook for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat, garnish with cilantro, and enjoy with rice or roti!