When you are getting ready for a picnic, you have heaps of eggs in the refrigerator, then why not whip up some egg salad and make sandwich.
This recipe is inspired by my mom who often would make this sandwich for me. On the weekdays during the school week or on the weekends for work this simple recipe hits all the right tastebuds. It is easy to make ahead of time and enjoy when you are on the go and hungry.
Egg salad sandwich
- 7 eggs
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 4-5 tbs mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbs yogurt
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and add eggs; boil at a simmer for 10 minutes
- Transfer to an ice bath and let cool for 2 minutes and peel
- Separate egg white and yolk; chop the egg white
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, cayenne power, and garlic salt with egg yolk
- After yolk mixture is smooth mix in green onion and egg white
- Toast and butter; slap it in between two slices and enjoy!