When you have plenty of vegetables in the refrigerator, some red curry paste, and its also meatless Thursday, then why not make Vegetarian Thai Red Curry.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you can use any vegetable you like. I usually make this recipe with whatever random vegetables I may have in the fridge. When its a non-veg day, you can add chicken or shrimp for some more flavor. Otherwise it tastes great on its own!
Vegetarian Red Curry
- 5-6 Shittake mushrooms, quartered
- 3-4 White button mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 Brown button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced round
- 1/2 capsicum, juilenne (any color)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1-2 tbs bamboo shoots, drained and washed
- 1/2 cup green beans, trimmed
- 2 green onion, white and greens separated, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs red curry paste
- 1/2 can coconut cream
- 1/2 bag Quorn cubes
- In a wok style pan heat coconut oil
- Saute garlic and white of the green onion
- Once green onions are fragrant add capsicums and carrots, mix well
- Add mushrooms, zucchini, then Quorn; mix and cook until Quorn is just soft
- Add red curry paste, then coconut cream and mix well
- Add some water according to preference to thin out the sauce
- Add green beans and bamboo shoots at the end and cook for an additional 5 minutes
- Serve with a side of coconut rice and enjoy!
2 Comments Add yours
Looks yum !
My mom loves curry, so I will have to pass this on to her! Following your blog for more recipes 🙂 I recently baked lemon bars and they were fantastic, so I highly recommend checking the recipe out