When you are in the mood for some fish, you want to be able to divide the dish easily then why not try to make something new and make a Fish Mince Ball Curry.
I have been eating Fish Mince Ball Curry or as we call it in our house “Machli na mamna” ever since I was a little girl. Back then I was not the biggest fan of eating fish balls; it was never really appealing to me. As grew older my taste buds developed and I found my self enjoying foods that I did not appreciate as a child. With the mince balls made with fresh fish, cooked just right, the fish taste is perfect in a curry.
Fish Mince Ball Curry
- 300 g white fish, minced
- 2-3 tbs green masala
- 2-3 tsp garam masala
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise (badiya flower)
- 3-4 curry cleans
- 1/2 can tomato puree
- cilantro for garnish and fish mince
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- If you cannot find minced fish, pull out your meat grinder and grind some with a handful of cilantro
- Mix in 2 tbs green masala, 2 tsp garam masala, and salt into the fish mince
- Roll 1 inch balls from the mince
- In a wide pot heat oil and sizzle cloves, star anise, cinnamon, and curry leaves until fragrant
- Then saute onions until soft and brown; about 5 minutes on low, covered
- Once onions have browned pour tomato puree and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add fish mince balls, mix well
- Pour water just until fish is covered
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with rice or roti!