When you have an anniversary party to attend, the theme is to bring a plate to share, you want to impress the crowd, and you want to keep it simple, then why not make these Tandoori Chicken Nibbles.
I have used a similar recipe once before when I made grilled chicken nibbles but I found the delicious spice flavor gets lost with the smoke flavor. This time I decided to make them and baste them and they turned out perfect! Juicy, delicious, finger lickin’ good!
Tandoori Chicken Nibbles
- 50 chicken nibbles
- lemon juice from half lemon
- 3-4 tsp salt, divided
- 2-3 tbs yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbs tandoori paste
- 1 tsp cumin/coriander mix
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 turmeric
- 1 heaping tsp garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tsp ginger, minced
- 1-2 green chilis, chopped
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1/2 tbs corn starch
- cilantro for garnish
- Wash and drain chicken nibbles and brine with lemon juice and 1-2 tsp salt for 10-15 minutes
- While nibbles are brining gather the remaining ingredients except corn flower and mix into a sauce; taste and adjust to preference
- Drain excess water from chicken nibbles, but do not wash; combine with sauce
- Let marinate for 4 hours or overnight for best results. I used a vacuum seal container and marinated for 5 hours and the vacuum seal did the trick!
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Remove nibbles from refrigerator 1 hour before baking, just under room temperature
- Arrange on greased tray and bake for 22 minutes
- While nibbles are baking use the remaining liquid from marinade and bring to a boil in a small pot
- Mix corn starch with 1-2 tbs of the remaining liquid
- Transfer the corn starch mix back into the pot and whisk continuously until sauce is thick.
- Remove from heat and continue whisking
- At 22 minutes of baking open the oven and baste nibbles, flip them and baste the other side and bake again for another 10-13 minutes
- At this point you can baste again or have them fresh out of the oven
- Garnish with cilantro
- If you are taking them baked to a party, then put them in a portable thermo container to keep warm