When you have a bag of granny smith apples, you are craving something sweet, so you decide to make some Apple Pie.
I believe this recipe has all the potential to be a delicious pie, but my execution did not do the justice it deserves! The pie pan I used was too wide, so there was not enough pie filling to fill the pan and my apples were sliced too thin, so there were some bites that lost that apple texture. I reckon if I make these minor adjustments the pie will taste fantastic!
For Apple Mixture
- 8-10 granny smith apples, peeled and diced***
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 sheet of pie crust
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 sheet pie crust
Preheat oven 450F/200C
For apple filling
- Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in a bowl
- Combine sugar mixture with peeled, diced apples and lemon juice; mix well
- Line 9 inch pie pan with pie crust
- Fill pie crust with apple topping
- Mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter until well combined and crumbly
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes @ 450F/200C
- Decrease heat to 350F/180C, loosely cover the pie with foil, and bake for another 45-50 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from own and let cool for 10 minutes before serving
- Slice into pieces, serve with ice cream, and enjoy!
Inspired by Spend With Pennies
2 Comments Add yours
absolutely yumm !
Finally the season for fall recipes is here! Love a good apple pie! Following your blog for more recipes 🙂 Check out my delicious apple cobbler perfect for fall! https://thesweetworldsite.wordpress.com/2018/09/24/apple-cobbler/