When you have taken time off from writing and you want to make a comeback, so you start with something simple, then why not try this Ham, Spinach, Mushroom & Cheese Quiche.
This quiche is a perfect meal for family breakfast. All of your favorited morning ingredients baked into one dish, that can be enjoyed throughout the week. I like making quiche when I know I will be on the go or I have lots of mouths to feed.
Ham, Spinach, Mushroom & Cheese Quiche
- 1 tbs butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 4-6 baby Bella mushroom, sliced
- 2-3 slices ham, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 sheet puff pie crust, rolled
- 1 cup spinach
- ½-1 cup cheese blend
- Preheat oven 375F/190C
- In an oven safe frying pan, melt butter
- Sauté onion and add chopped ham with the mushrooms; cook until mushrooms shrink
- While, ham mixture is cooking, in a separate bowl combine: eggs, cream, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, cayenne powder, and salt/pepper. Beat with egg mixer until well mixed.
- Transfer cooked ham mixture into a bowl if using the same pan (or use another oven safe pan)
- Layer the bottom of the frying pan with pie crust.
- Evenly spread ham mixture
- Then layer on top with spinach
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach
- Top with cheese
- Bake in the oven uncovered for 30-45 minutes, until top is golden