When you are in the mood for something familiar but also want to try something new, then why not make some LAMB KHEEMA.
Lamb Kheema is a minced lamb and potato curry consisting of the same spices as the Chicken Kheema dish while invoking the richer flavors of lamb to create a different and delicious experience.
Lamb Kheema (Minced Lamb Curry)
1 lb Lamb, minced
1 tbs Ghee
1 Bay Leaf
1 inch of Cinnamon
1 Anise Flower
4-6 Whole cloves
1 tsp Dhana-Jeeru (ground coriander-cumin)
½ tsp Chili Powder
½ tsp Turmeric
½ tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
Salt to taste
1 small Onion, Diced
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 medium potato, quartered
[1 tbs Green masala ***
4 large Garlic Cloves, Minced
1½ inch Ginger, Minced
1-2 Serrano Pepper, minced]
¼ cup Water
Cilantro for garnish
- In a medium sized pot heat up ghee and add Bay leaf, cinnamon, anise flower, and whole clove to TEMPER.
- Once whole spices are aromatic, add the diced onion, and cook on medium heat, until onions have softened.
- Add the minced lamb and stir with a flat spatula until the meat starts crumbling and goes from pink to white.
- Add green masala or the garlic-ginger-serrano pepper mixture and tomato sauce. Give a nice stir.
- Add spices dhana-jeeru, chili powder, turmeric, curry powder, and salt. Give it a mix.
- Add potatoes and a bit of water just to cover most of the meat.
- Bring to a boil, slow to a simmer, and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Season with garam masala and cilantro. Give it a mix and ENJOY with rice or roti!